Saturday 1 May 2010

Less disheartened

The thing is every idea has been done before. And if you find out that one of yours has already been done, then you can take that as a call to find something else or you can keep your old idea and be the one who takes it to the next level, or adds the next twist to it.

I was principally downed by the fact that a book design here http://www.abduzeedo.com/amazing-illustrations-micah-lidberg Under Firestorm (1/4 the way down) was exactly the same as an idea I'd been scribbling and toying with. And for Orion and Fallon, no less. Big name companies. But, you know, I got to my idea on my own and my idea was more about using the temporal aspect of opening the cover to reveal more of the story, not just to find an interesting (and extremely successful) way to covey texture an image.

Also: Electroluminescent covers. Beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment